My 2018-19 Narrative will revolve around a Super Hero Theme. Students will be able to select one of eight “AVATAR TYPES” each of which will be based around common Super Hero archetypes. This post will deal with the MIND CONTROL/TELEKINESIS trait.
Comic Book Examples
Common Assessment Powers
Using their Mind Control Power, this Super can read Mr. Powley’s Mind for 2 Common Assessment Questions.
- Hunters – 2 answer choices will be eliminated as long as the Hunter has at least 1 Heart
- Sentinals- Full charge = 3 answer choices / Less than Full = 2 answer choices / Less than a quarter full = 1 answer choice / No charge = None eliminated
Battle Mechanic Special Attacks.
Herculean Effect – One time per clash, select 1 opponent. Their attack roll will be used against their side.
- *When Equipped – instead of earning allies in a skirmish earn one heart or charge
- *When Equipped – instead of earning allies in a skirmish, the player earns 50XP with a victory
- This Super can use the Herculean Effect 2 times during a Clash
- After correctly answering a question revive a KO’d Character
- Player rolls a 10 sided die. Any opponent on the other team that rolls the same number is immediately KO’d
- Select 2 opponents to target with a single Herculean Effect special attack
For Skirmishes, Clashes, and Boss Fights each type will have different Attack and Defense Points. During these Battles students will roll a die or dice to “attack”. In the chart below the Attack column represents the die or dice that the student can use during these Battles. The “Level” on the chart is the level the student is in the class and this number appears on their personal grade sheets.