My 2018-19 Narrative will revolve around a Super Hero Theme. Students will be able to select one of eight “AVATAR TYPES” each of which will be based around common Super Hero archetypes. This post will deal with the SUPER DETECTIVE trait.
Comic Book Examples
Common Assessment Powers
Using their powers of observation and super intelligence this Hero/Villain collects clues and facts to help their cause. Create a Cheat Sheet (front of one 8×11 paper) prior to any common assessment.
- Hunters – If they have any hearts may use the whole cheat sheet.
- Sentinals – divide the paper into sections = to the # of assignments in the Unit. Randomly select one section for each “power charge”.
Battle Mechanic Special Attacks
Backup Plan – One time per clash, after answering a question correctly this type can use their power to allow all students that missed a question to roll the 4 sided die as an attack
- *When Equipped – instead of earning allies in a skirmish, the player earns 50XP with a victory
- *When Equipped – instead of earning allies in a skirmish earn one heart or charge
- Close your eyes. Mr. Powley will ask a question about opponents. Answer question without opening your eyes. If correct select 1 opponent to KO.
- Play in combo with Speed 1-2 Punch. Add 15 seconds to the player’s time
- Block an Invisible Type’s Borrowed Notes attack against anyone on your team
For Skirmishes, Clashes, and Boss Fights each type will have different Attack and Defense Points. During these Battles students will roll a die or dice to “attack”. In the chart below the Attack column represents the die or dice that the student can use during these Battles. The “Level” on the chart is the level the student is in the class and this number appears on their personal grade sheets.