My 2018-19 Narrative will revolve around a Super Hero Theme. Students will be able to select one of eight “AVATAR TYPES” each of which will be based around common Super Hero archetypes. This post will deal with the FLIGHT / POWER ABSORPTION trait.
Comic Book Examples
Common Assessment Powers
“Fly” to Mr. Powley and Absorb his knowledge on the subject. (He will give you the correct answer.)
- Hunters – One Question for each Heart (Up to Three)
- Sentinels – One Question for each Charge (Up to Three)
Battle Mechanic Special Attacks
Power Theft – One time per Clash, select any opponent that has not yet used their superpower. Steal their power and use it as your own. The opponent cannot use their power.
- *When Equipped – instead of earning allies in a skirmish, the player earns 50XP with a victory
- *When Equipped – instead of earning allies in a skirmish earn one heart or charge
- Make a paper airplane. Opponents are not allowed to move. If the plane hits an opponent they are KO’d
- Select 1 opponent. Their roll does not count as an attack. The card player will earn this many “chips”.
- Stack at 5 dice. Roll whichever die is the top die. This will be added to your regular attack.
For Skirmishes, Clashes, and Boss Fights each type will have different Attack and Defense Points. During these Battles students will roll a die or dice to “attack”. In the chart below the Attack column represents the die or dice that the student can use during these Battles. The “Level” on the chart is the level the student is in the class and this number appears on their personal grade sheets.